TMBF lives! ~ That Movie Blogger Fella

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TMBF lives!

Apologies for the lack of updates. There's just nothing worth watching in cinemas lately.

...okay, not quite true. There's Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Bleh. Watched the first Ice Age, thought it was lame-o. Really couldn't be arsed to catch this one, 3D or no 3D. There's also Public Enemies, which from most reviews seems to be another State of Play - good but unexceptional.

I nearly gave in and watched Jangan Pandang Belakang Congkak. I really do feel obliged to write good critical reviews of local films, simply because nobody else does them. Then I remembered it's supposed to be a spoof of at least a half-dozen other local horror movies, none of which I've watched. And so I plead lack of necessary context to fairly evaluate the movie.

One upcoming release that I'm quite eagerly awaiting is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Expect a retro review entry on the previous five Harry Potter movies; after having watched them all, I've become quite the Potter fan.

Oh, and yes, I've signed up with Nuffnang and put ads in my blog. Movie tickets cost money, folks, and I ain't made of it. Please click on some ads while you're here, and toss a little spare change into my tip jar. Remember, TMBF writes for you.

NEXT REVIEW: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Anticipation level: siiiiiggghhh

0 comments: